The highest level of Closed Circuit Rebreather (CCR) training that TDI offers, the Advanced Mixed Gas Course will teach you how to use the full capabilities of a CCR. With a maximum depth of 100 metres/330 feet, this course opens up a whole new realm of diving including new wrecks, caves and walls to explore in depths you previously could not reach on a rebreather. This intensive course conducted over seven dives will focus on all the elements needed to plan and execute dives to these depths.
- Minimum age of 18
- Certified TDI CCR Mixed Gas Diluent diver, or equivalent from agencies recognized by TDI
- Have verified logs of a minimum of 100 hours as a certified CCR diver over a minimum of 100 dives; a minimum of 50 hours and 50 dives must be on the unit specific CCR. Fifty percent of these dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet. All dives to be deeper than 9 metres/20 feet
- Complete to the instructor’s satisfaction all in water skill development sessions
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Course must be completed within 6 weeks from the starting date
- Complete a refresher course following a period of inactivity greater than 6 months following the course