Become a certified diver and receive a license to dive unsupervised to a maximum depth of 18m. This PADI certification is recognized worldwide and is valid for the rest of your life. The course involves dive theory, video presentations; confined water pool training which ease you into the fundamentals of diving; and four boat dives on Gili’s amazing reefs where you will master the skills learnt in the pool. Two dives to a maximum depth of 12m and two dives to a maximum depth of 18m.
The course schedule can be flexible to accommodate any necessary changes but generally:
Day 1 (8.15-4.30pm)
The first 3 sections of theory, confined water dives 1 and 2 and open water dive 1.
Day 2 (8.15am – 4.30pm)
The remaining theory sections, confined water dives 3,4 and 5; waterman ship skills and open water dive 2.
Day 3 (8.15am – 3pm)
Final exam; open water dives 3 and 4; celebrate!!!
This Course Includes
- Equipment Rental
- Dive Computer Rental
- PADI Open Water – E-Manual
- PADI Certification
- To learn to dive and to enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be 10 years or older
- You will also need to be able to swim: there is a 200m swim test or 300m snorkel test that you will need to pass during the course
- You will be required to demonstrate that you can comfortably float or tread water for 10 minutes. You will also need to complete a 200m surface swim or a 300m swim using a mask, snorkel and fins
- You will also need to complete a PADI medical statement, you can download this here