This TDI course is specific to the JJ-CCR unit. It is the first step to closed circuit rebreather diving (CCR Diving) and an amazing quiet diving experience with no bubbles. This course uses the most up to date technology CCR’s to maximize your Nitrox supply and provide the diver with the optimum breathing gas for the required depth by maintaining a constant partial pressure of oxygen (PPO2).
Throughout the course, divers will learn the setup and maintenance of the unit, loop volume management, calibration of electronics, emergency procedures, buoyancy control and CNS tracking whilst conducting a minimum of seven dives to a maximum depth of 30m.
Upon successful completion, divers can go to a maximum depth of 30m using air diluent. Certification depends on the unit/electronics used during training.
- Minimum age of 18
- Certified TDI Nitrox diver, or equivalent from agencies recognized by TDI
- Proof of minimum 20 logged dives
- If the rebreather is a TDI approved sidemount rebreather, the student must hold the TDI Sidemount Diver certification or equivalent and provide proof of 10 logged sidemount dives
- Satisfactorily complete the TDI CCR Air Diluent Decompression examination with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Course must be completed within 6 weeks from the starting date
- Complete a refresher course following a period of inactivity greater than 6 months following the course