This workshop is ideal for eco warriors, marine biologists or anyone wanting to get stuck into some conservation projects. During the 2 week course, you will work with Gili Eco Trust Coordinator Delphine Robbe, gaining knowledge and experience in reef ecosystem identification, reef survey techniques and Biorock maintenance. You will also learn how to coral garden, selecting pieces of broken coral and moving them to better areas where they will have the opportunity to regrow and not obstruct other growing life. You will learn the science behind the Biorocks and work on the existing structures around Gili Trawangan as well as having the opportunity to design, create and sink your own structure. Included in the course is the Reef Check Eco Diver certification which allows candidates to complete reef surveys globally.
Throughout the course there are 2 open water dives per day, with Sundays off.
- Must be Advanced Open Water or above
This Course Includes
- Equipment Rental
- PADI Introduction to Biorock Process Certification
- Reef Check Eco Diver Certification
- Two dives per day
- Designing and building your own Biorock
Available Course Dates
- 28 JUN 2021 – 11 JUL 2021
- 16 AUG 2021 – 29 AUG 2021
- 27 SEP 2021 – 10 OCT 2021
- 08 NOV 2021 – 20 NOV 2021
Or please contact us directly if you would like to schedule other dates.