Sharks are crucial to marine ecosystems, but many shark species are in danger of becoming extinct. This course gives you the opportunity to learn more about sharks, what makes them unique, why they play a crucial role in keeping our ocean healthy and why they are in global decline. You can become a passionate shark defenders help take action to protect sharks.
This course will:
- Inspire you to become a shark conservation advocate
- Introduce sharks including their conservation status and why they are vulnerable to impacts
- Introduce the major threats that are greatly reducing shark populations
- Provide information on the value of sharks to the marine environment and to local economies
- Introduce you to management approaches that can protect sharks
- Provide a pathway for you to become actively involved in shark conservation
- Show you how to identify hazards in marine environments and on land that threaten sharks.
This Course Includes
- Equipment Rental
- Dive Computer Rental
- Project AWARE Shark Conservation Manual
- PADI Certification
- Be at least 12 years old
- Be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, or equivalent from agencies recognized by PADI