Become a certified diver and receive a license to dive unsupervised to a maximum depth of 18m. This PADI certification is recognized worldwide and is valid for the rest of your life. The course involves dive theory, video presentations; confined water pool training which ease you into the fundamentals of diving; and four boat dives on Gili’s amazing reefs where you will master the skills learnt in the pool. Two dives to a maximum depth of 12m and two dives to a maximum depth of 18m. Learn about the five best reasons to do your Open Water Course by reading this blog post.
The course schedule can be flexible to accommodate any necessary changes but generally:
Day 1 (8.15-4.30pm)
The first 3 sections of theory, confined water dives 1 and 2 and open water dive 1.
Day 2 (8.15am – 4.30pm)
The remaining theory sections, confined water dives 3,4 and 5; waterman ship skills and open water dive 2.
Day 3 (8.15am – 3pm)
Final exam; open water dives 3 and 4; celebrate!!!
This Course Includes
- Equipment Rental
- Dive Computer Rental
- PADI Open Water – E-Manual
- PADI Certification
- To learn to dive and to enroll in the PADI Open Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be 10 years or older
- You will also need to be able to swim: there is a 200m swim test or 300m snorkel test that you will need to pass during the course
- You will be required to demonstrate that you can comfortably float or tread water for 10 minutes. You will also need to complete a 200m surface swim or a 300m swim using a mask, snorkel and fins
- You will also need to complete a PADI medical statement, you can download this here